Whether you’ve been raising a family, earning a degree, or were the victim of recession layoffs, planning a career comeback can be daunting. You may worry that your time away has hindered your chances for finding solid employment. It doesn’t have to!
As you prepare to get your career on track, consider these 5 tips on wowing prospective employers.
1. Determine what you want. Don’t plow forward until you have decided the direction you want your career to go. When you haphazardly push your career forward, you wind up with a haphazard career. While the responsibility of earning a living may loom large, it doesn’t have to prevent you from getting on a desirable career path. Sit back and determine where you’d most like to be in your career before you start the job hunt.
2. Develop new skills. Some people are concerned that this step will take too much time from their efforts in finding a new job. While you may have to find a transitional job to pay the bills while you receive necessary training, you don’t have to spend years earning professional certification. In some cases, one or two college classes will be enough to revamp your skills, while in other cases a reputable bookkeeping program may be what you need.
3. Revamp your resume. Once you know where you are going and are confident that you possess the skills necessary, it’s time to revamp your resume. Highlight your strengths while considering the employers who will review it. What are they most interested in, and have you made it easy for them to find it on your resume?
4. Build your network. The best way to find work opportunities is through networking. If you’ve been out of the loop for awhile, chances are you will need to rebuild your network. Consider family, friends, businesses you frequent, and other contacts who could expose you to potential jobs. Spread the word, and you’ll soon discover just how valuable a professional network can be.
5. Be flexible. Sometimes we become too narrow-minded when looking for a job. Is it absolutely necessary for you to find full-time employment? Would your career benefit more from a part-time position? Or, perhaps, you could consider freelance work for awhile? Approaching your career with an open mind may enable you to discover possibilities you wouldn’t have seen otherwise.
As you ponder your options for reentering the job market, you may also want to consider the possibility of self-employment. Is it time to launch your own business in order to enjoy greater flexibility and higher earnings?
The Universal Practice Builder Workshop is designed to train you how to promote your practice in order to experience significant growth and profitability.
This program offers the following:
- $30,000 in new annualized billings in only 12 months
- Tactical goal planning and setting
- The generation of 15 to 25 qualified leads per month
- Phone marketing instruction and training
- Training in the benefits of newsletters and websites
- 12 proven marketing strategies
- Financing options
Build a stellar practice by enrolling in this program today! It’s time to take charge of your professional future. Call 1-877-833-7909 today!