Every now and then you must assess your business efforts to ensure that you’re focusing on the right things. In a recent SmallBizTrends article, the Small Business editor shared “10 Secrets for Better Focusing Your Business,” as suggested by various business blogs and communities. To help you refocus your efforts midyear, we’re sharing five of those tips here:
1. Assess Your Level of Acceptable Risk (Wilbert Rogers). Before you set goals and move forward you need to determine how much risk you’re willing to take. Often it just takes a little time to examine the risk and determine whether or not it’s worth it to your practice.
2. Leverage the Power of Blogging (Occasion). A blog can be an effective marketing tool, especially when used in conjunction with your business website. You can share helpful and free information that demonstrates your professional expertise, sharing the links via social media sites.
3. Discover the Importance of Your Niche (Marketing Land). When you specialize in something, like small-business accounting, you can target a distinct market that will appreciate your services over the competition’s more generalized services.
4. Find a Gap in the Competitor’s Market (Entwine). If you can determine what your competitors are lacking, you can fill the gap and gain a competitive advantage. This requires a bit of market research and gumption, but doing so can ensure you become the premier accountant in your area.
5. Master the Power of Social Engagement (Past Master Blogger). Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Digg, YouTube, etc. It can be overwhelming to consider all the social networking sites and how you might use them to advance your career. However, so much effective (and cost-effective) marketing can take place there.
Increase Your Competitive Advantage by Mastering QuickBooks
The Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide (PBG) to QuickBooks will enable you to master this software program that over 80% of small businesses use to manage their accounting. Once you do, you will be able to work more efficiently as you use all the features, functions, and shortcuts QuickBooks offers. Not only will the PBG enable you to manage your own books more efficiently, but it can increase your bottom line as you add QuickBooks consultation, help and setup services to your offerings. With hands-on training you can earn a professional designation as a QuickBooks Specialist that will give you the credibility you need to convince prospective clients that you are an outstanding bookkeeper!
With just one small initial investment, you can increase your income and your clientele. Don’t wait to thank us. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7908 to order now!
–. “10 Secrets for Better Focusing Your Business.” 2 August 2014 SmallBizTrends.com