It’s probably stressful to consider giving your clients a Christmas gift right now. But what if we told you that not only would it remind them of your valuable services, but it would also work as an incredible marketing tool that could increase your profitability in the long run.
In a guest post to the US Small Business Administration’s website, author and president of GrowBiz Media Rieva Lesonsky shares “6 Ideas to Turn Your Customer Holiday Gifts into a Marketing Tool.” Here we expound on four of her tips:
1. Give what you make or sell. This is not only a great way to retain clients, but a good method for securing new ones. Run a special promotion where one referral and the person who referred them can receive a free consultation or financial assessment. This demonstrates just how valuable your services are.
2. Deliver your gifts by hand. One of the reasons to give clients holiday gifts is because it’s a great opportunity to remind them of your valuable services. Delivering them by hand allows you to give them a personalized greeting which demonstrates a genuine interest in their wellbeing. And because tax season is just around the corner, now is the perfect time to reintroduce yourself to them and their businesses.
3. Give the gift of time. Instead of giving them a physical gift, consider inviting a handful of clients to lunch. Perhaps they share common interests and this provides them with the chance to build strategic partnerships with other small-business owners in your community
4. Give the gift of information. We often talk about the importance of sharing valuable financial advice with your clients that can help them improve their businesses. Consider a holiday newsletter where you share helpful year end tips that will better prepare them for the upcoming tax season. Or, as Lesonsky suggests, “A business book or magazine subscription that’s relevant to your client’s industry, challenges and interests shows you put some thought into what will help her get ahead in the coming year.”
We understand that in December you are extremely busy with your own year-end, but you can target current and prospective clients now with holiday wishes that can enhance your practice. Take the time to reach out and send personalized greetings before things get too hectic.
Other Ways to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts
If you’re looking for training to help you market your practice effectively, the Universal Practice Builder (UPB) Program is the course for you. Also called Marketing on Steroids, this course was designed by our own growth specialists who know not only how to market your specialized financial services, but how to market them effectively to qualified, prospective clients.
The UPB program provides the following:
- Flexibility. You complete the course on your own time and pace. And the online instructive enables you to return to key concepts and instruction as necessary.
- Complete education. This comprehensive training program will give you everything you need to build a thriving practice.
- A qualified professional to answer questions. For six months you will have access to our professional coaches for personal, professional guidance via phone or email.
The Universal Practice Builder Program will equip you with all the tools you need to grow your business. If you find yourself lacking key marketing know-how, call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 to register for this phenomenal program today!!
Lesonsky, Rieva. “6 Ideas to Turn Your Customer Holiday Gifts into a Marketing Tool.” 3 December 2013 SBA.gov