Meet Clay Neves
Clay Neves is Vice President of Student Enrollment at Universal Accounting Center. He lives in West Jordan, Utah with his wife and their cat, Dante. He has 3 children and 1 grandchild. For fun he plays the guitar, sings, studies and writes poetry. He has over 35 years of sales management experience and is a former Chamber of Commerce President. Clay joined UAC in 2004 when he was hired to grow our seminar sales channel. He has helped thousands of our clients find the perfect program to achieve their income and lifestyle goals since then. Clay has a BSBA in Marketing from the University of Utah and University of Phoenix.
Clay has been our Director of Seminars, Vice President of Seminars, Vice President of Business Development, and Vice President of Student Enrollment. He is also the Lead Coach for BizBench, and Sales and Marketing Coach, creator of Personal Sales Dynamics, and leads our weekly Sales Dr. Is IN! Sales Clinic Video Conference for our clients and graduates. Outside of work, Clay loves writing poetry, playing the guitar, singing (he leads the congregational singing in church and is an award winning Karaoke performer – singing Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley on the Final Show to the passenger audience twice on previous cruises). He is an accomplished Toastmaster and has won many speech contests at the local, area, and multistate levels. He now loves playing with his granddaughter and being a kid again. He and his wife enjoy bike riding, hiking, cruises and the theater.
Some advice he would give to potential clients is to decide what you want, plan how to get there, and execute the plan. Review what you learn as you go and revise your plan accordingly. Don’t wait to finish your plan to start executing it. You will never know everything you need to know for a perfect plan before you start to execute it.The plan is perfected as you learn.
He says if you wait for the perfect time to start, you will never start. There will never be a perfect time, but the best time is NOW. The sooner you start LEARNING, the sooner you start EARNING. Don’t do it alone! Borrow our expertise and experience at UAC as you build your own. That’s what we’re here for. You’re in business FOR yourself, but never BY yourself. USE US!
There are many mottos Clay abides by in his life:
- It’s not about me. The death of my ego, is the birth of my soul.
- Money is just a measure of the value you give others. Provide the right thing to the right people in the right way and the money takes care of itself.
- Money is just the means to an end, it should never be the end in itself.
- If I am right with God, my family, my friends, and true to my own standard for success, I will need less and have more to be happy.
He even has a favorite poem to reflect them:
Wealth is health, a cheerful heart, an ear that hears the Robin’s song,
A mind content, some treasured friends, and fragrant memories lingering long.
For living is an inward art.
All lasting wealth is in the heart.
Clay believes that UAC is the best place to come for Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Tax Preparation for the following reasons:
- We focus on the practical application of Double Entry Accounting and Full Charge Bookkeeping for SMALL business! Those who need HELP the most.
- We focus on getting you trained, certified, and in revenue to monetize your education within 60-90 days.
- We provide the expertise and experience with our on-going coaching and support to get you to your income and lifestyle goals within 8-12 months – if you do your part.
- We have over 40 years of success in helping our students advance their careers in a better job or their own successful business, using strategies and skills that work.
Clay loves what he does, who he does it with, who he does it for, and what they become. He is grateful that he can use the talent, knowledge, skills and experience God has blessed him with to bless the lives of others.