Too often in life the power of choice determines our future. Clarity of purpose and goals insures success.
What does all of that mean. Let’s figure it out.
Consider this, the dying wish of someone on their deathbed. What wisdom do they have to impart with us still in mortality:
1. I wish I had the courage to fulfill my Dreams
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
4. I wish I could have spent more time with my Friends/Family
5. I wish I had smiled and stayed more happier
6. I wish I was nicer to people
7. I wish I had Worked on my Inner beauty rather than Outer
– Top 7 Life Regrets and Lessons taught by People on Deathbed by Payal Bansal and Lessons for life
Realizing now that life is short, notice that 1 & 2 are related to the time we spend and the work we do. Items 3 through 7 are attitudes, feelings, relationships. Understanding part of life is the journey to become a better person, being true to ourselves and convictions is important. What we are going to focus on now is are our work and our dreams.
Do we work for ourselves or someone else? This is not a question asking who writes the payroll check but first a question of why we work. Is the work that we do rewarding, is it a career we are proud of. Are we good at what we do, in fact are we the best at what we do? Does it make a difference. At the end of the day, is the world a better place because of what we’ve done?
Consider for a moment these words of Steve Jobs:
Is it time for a Change?
You’ve got to find what you love!
For many of us we have multiple passions or interests. Realizing you are reading this page it is safe to assume you love accounting, you enjoy numbers, you believe you can help small businesses. Now is the time to Start and Build Your Own Successful Accounting practice.
Universal Accounting® Mission
Our Mission Statement promises: To equip students with the education, skills and confidence needed to enjoy a successful career in full-charge accounting, bookkeeping and tax.
We assist accounting and tax firms in building more profitable client bases. We help individuals start and enhance their careers in accounting and tax so that they can receive the promotions that they deserve and earn what they are worth. We take businesses from red to black so that they can be successful and increase their profits.
Universal Accounting® believes that the role of accounting is a proactive one. The accountant should be the Growth and Profit Expert; regular accounting is the asset that every business needs in order to be profitable. Universal Accounting® is committed to creating a positive paradigm shift in the role that accounting plays in business.
Remember; “If it’s about accounting, it’s Universal.”
Like most professions there are many areas to specialize and accounting is no different. It’s more than just the titles of Accountant, Bookkeeper, Tax Preparer. It’s industry, certification, education. When choosing to work with small businesses, more than 90% of the economy, there are certain designations that represent that emphasis such as a Professional Bookkeeper, Professional Tax Preparer, QuickBooks Specialist, QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
Who are you? What do you do in your accounting career?
How can you become a Profit and Growth Expert?
Being one of the “Best of the Best” home-based businesses to start and build Accounting, Bookkeeping and Tax have many advantages. Learn why this is worth pursuing and what to do to succeed.
The Professional Bookkeeper program certifies bookkeepers as being proficient in the day to day application of accounting in small business. It helps the account and bookkeeper market and service the small business community with an emphasis on getting and keeping the clients.
Become a Successful Professional Bookkeeper.
Become a QuickBooks Specialist, QS with the Professional Bookkeepers Guide to QuickBooks.
Get the skills to have the confidence and competence to start and build a successful accounting practice as a Professional Tax Preparer, PTP.
Learn how to market and offer these services. Get paid well for your services.
Some choose to refer to bookkeeping as write-up work, it’s bookkeeping.
* Disclaimer, unfortunately there are some states where the terms accountant and accounting have been regulated such that regardless the services offered only CPA’s or degreed accountants can refer to themselves as such. This is no different than a doctor doing the work of a nurse and still referring to themselves as a doctor. If you are paid to be a nurse, and you do nursing, your a nurse.
Professional Bookkeeper, PB
* Proficient in the day-to-day accounting procedures in small business
* Accounting, Bookkeeping, Write-up services
* Certified in the use of QuickBooks as a bookkeeper
Professional Tax Preparer
* Certified in the preparation of Individual and Business Returns
1. Trust Yourself
2. Break the Rules
3. Don’t be Afraid to Fail
4. Don’t listen to the “Nay Sayers”
5. Work Your Butt Off (no pain, no gain)
6. Give Back
Are you ready to move forward? Now is the time for your success, this is Your Time! So, how bad do you want it?
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful”
Have courage and become an entrepreneur!!! ????