Starting your own financial practice can be terrifying and exciting at the same time. There are lots of pros in self-employment: the flexibility to work when you want and on the projects you want to work on, the potential to uncap your salary, and the ability to wake every morning to a job you love.
But you aren’t being realistic if you don’t consider the cons as well. Unfortunately, it’s the cons that can cause any reasonable professional to hesitate a bit. But you can be practical about starting your own firm while preparing for potential obstacles if you just ask yourself the right questions.
In a recent Entrepreneur.com article, author and professional coach Lindsay Broder shares “6 Questions to Help Unleash Your Inner Entrepreneur.” Here we share 4 of her questions:
1. Do you believe anything is possible? You must have the confidence that anything can happen with a little determination and perseverance. And sometimes that comes in acting upon your dream. However, if you’re at all hesitant, you can keep your day job while working your business on the side. After some time you will built up the assurance that success is achievable.
2. What’s your purpose? Ask yourself what you hope to achieve as an entrepreneur. If you’re just interested in bossing people around or becoming filthy rich, this probably isn’t the path for you. But if you’re passionate about a purpose—your practice’s mission—than that can carry you through a lot of difficult times.
3. How willing are you to market yourself? Not many financial professionals get jazzed about marketing their practices, but neglecting this key function causes many businesses to fail. You must be willing to step outside your comfort zone and let people know how your services can improve their lives.
4. Do you believe you’re capable? When you have the confidence that your skillset can handle any potential obstacle or problem, you exude a sense of expertise that puts potential clients at ease. As Broder explains, “Believing in what you’re doing and believing you’re capable are two key ingredients for selling your business to the consumer. If you lack either, dig deeper to figure out if it’s lack of confidence in your business or a lack of confidence in yourself.”
Universal’s Training Programs Can You Launch a Profitable Accounting Practice
Startup costs for an accounting practice are minimal. You can begin part-time and work from home. In a market pining for accountants and bookkeepers, you’ll quickly build the client base that will allow you to work full-time and enjoy the lifestyle of which you’ve always dreamed.
The Professional Bookkeeper Program
If you need to increase your skillset, consider the Professional Bookkeeper Program which will train you in the practical application of small-business accounting, while enabling you to earn a professional designation, which demonstrates your expertise and true professionalism. Not only that, but the PB Program will also train you to market your practice, eliminating the competition because of the unique and valuable services you offer clients.
The Universal Practice Builder Program
If you need help developing solid marketing techniques, the Universal Practice Builder Workshop will train you how to promote your practice effectively. Imagine all that you could learn from our experience training thousands of individuals like you!
This program offers the following:
- $30,000 in new annualized billings in only 12 months
- Tactical goal planning and setting
- The generation of 15 to 25 qualified leads per month
- Phone marketing instruction and training
- Training in the benefits of newsletters and websites
- 12 proven marketing strategies
- Financing options
We’re in the business of seeing individuals like you successfully launch and/or grow their own accounting and tax practices. But don’t take our word for it. Read from the many testimonials we have received from students, thanking us for the training that has helped them gain the knowledge, skill and confidence necessary to earn promotions, start their practices, and/or secure more clients. Enroll in these powerful programs today by calling 1-877-833-7909.
Broder, Lindsay. “6 Questions to Help Unleash Your Inner Entrepreneur.” 20 February 2014 Entrepreneur.com