A risk-free way to launch your own practice is by easing into it, moonlighting in your spare time. This way you can continue to earn a stable income with your day job until you build a clientele that will sustain a full-time venture.
But before you get started, there are four rules you should follow:
1. Work on your business every day. Once you decide to start your own business, it’s important that you schedule a set number of hours you will dedicate to your new business every day. Whether it be 2, 3 or 4 hours, block them out on your calendar to ensure it gets done. And remember that you should use some of those hours to build a solid foundation for your business, composing business and marketing plans that will increase your chances for success.
2. Don’t neglect your day job. While you may be certain that your moonlighting efforts will soon enable you to quit your traditional job, remember that there’s a reason you’re launching your practice in your spare time; you need the money from your full-time job to support you until your practice is sustainable. Until you submit your two-weeks’ notice, you should continue to be present and responsible at your current position.
3. Secure your family’s support. It’s nearly impossible to run a successful business from home without your family’s support. Not to mention, you will dedicate a considerable amount of your ‘down time’ to this new venture. Be sure to discuss all the pros and cons together before making any decisions, because in a crunch you just might need to enlist their help in order to succeed.
4. Start saving money. The uncertainty of self-employment can be paralyzing. In order to steel yourself for that time, it’s a good idea to save money earmarked for those first few months when you’ll be testing your entrepreneurial spirit. Making decisions out of desperation is not good for any business; padding your savings account will enable you to make sound decisions that are not based on fear.
Moonlighting is a great way to ease into a new practice. By following these four simple rules, you will be prepared for a low-risk, high-return launch of your business.
The Universal Practice Builder (UPB) Program
Another way to ensure the success of your new practice is to effectively secure quality clients using proven marketing techniques. The Universal Practice Builder Program was designed to train you how to market your practice to the right demographic in the right way.
This program offers the following:
- A guarantee of $30,000 in new annualized billings in only 12 months
- Tactical goal planning and setting
- The generation of 15 to 25 qualified leads per month
- Phone marketing instruction and training
- Training in the benefits of newsletters and websites
- 12 proven marketing strategies
- Our iron-glad guarantee
Take the steps necessary to launch your own practice and be your own boss. Allow Universal to help with the Universal Practice Builder Program. Enroll today by calling 1-877-833-7909!