Matthew Toren, in a recent Entrepreneur.com article, shares “3 Questions to Ask Yourself Daily as Your Roll Out of Bed.” The purpose, he explains, is to help “you be prepared for opportunities throughout the day by keeping your eyes open to possibility when there are inevitable challenges.”
His three questions can help you focus your efforts as you move through each work day:
1. Who can I help today? Human nature finds most of us to be self-serving, beginning each day worrying about what we need to get done. But when we begin the day with this question, our focus is immediately removed from ourselves and onto ways we can help others. As Toren explains, “it is tantamount to you saying, ‘I’ve got something to offer. I’ve got something to give.’” And that idea—the idea that we can offer value to others—is as empowering as it is inspiring.
2. What can I do better today? There are ways in which we can all improve, but how likely are we to follow-through without daily reminders of specific actions we can take. This question reminds us about the importance of continual improvement and progress. As Toren says, “It’s not about being perfect or fake—it’s about trying to make each day’s efforts a little better than yesterday’s efforts.”
3. How can I create value today? While we talked about offering value in the first question, this particular question is designed to help you consider ways in which you can improve your work as an entrepreneur. You want to ensure that the services you provide are valuable to all your clients. Asking this question every day will remind you of client needs and how you can best fulfill them.
Your Options and Your Earning Potential
Becoming a tax preparer enables you to expand your service offerings, providing more value to current and prospective clients. Universal Accounting Center’s tax training program can make that easy.
Our Professional Tax Preparer (PTP) program includes the following:
- Informative video instruction
- Full 1040 training
- Full business return (1065, 1120, 1120S) training
- One year follow-up Support from expert tax preparers
The PTP course consists of 20 hours of video training accessible online. Most tax preparation courses include books and some worksheets. Our training uses engaging and entertaining tax preparers who give practical advice on tax issues; they also provide real-world solutions that will give you the edge in productivity and profitability. Our instructors know what challenges you will face because they have been there themselves.
You can answer all these questions with one program. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7908 to enroll today!
Toren, Matthew. “3 Questions to Ask Yourself Daily as Your Roll Out of Bed.” 10 July 2014 Entrepreneur.com