If you’re like most small business owners, marketing doesn’t come easily. Your talents reside in providing bookkeeping and other financial services, and trying to figure out how to better promote your practice may be giving you’re a headache.
It doesn’t have to be that difficult or that expensive. Here are 6 quick, inexpensive, and effective marketing strategies that will help you increase your clientele while still getting a good-night’s rest:
1. Network. Anyone can be a potential client; anyone can refer your services to friends and family. Anywhere you go, including the grocery store and the local daycare, can provide a networking opportunity. And don’t forget your local chamber of commerce and small-business associations. The more you reach out, the greater your prospective client pool becomes.
2. Cross Promote. Perhaps you’ve networked with someone who offers services that complement but don’t compete with yours (for example loan officers, insurance providers and financial planners). You could partner with such individuals to cross promote one another’s services. Agree to display their business cards and flyers if they do the same for you. For no cost, you’re exposing your services to a solid pool of prospective clients.
3. Hold free seminars. You could acquire as many as 10 qualified clients each month in only a few hours of your time. When you hold quality educational seminars providing free QuickBooks advice or accounting tips, you use a leveraged marketing strategy that enables you to promote your business more with less time. With an average attendance of 20 to 25 people, you accomplish more in two hours than you would spending 8 hours on other less effective marketing techniques.
4. Become the main event. Consider presenting at conferences, creating a booth for local events, or teaching community classes in bookkeeping. All will give you great exposure, circulate your business card, and build your reputation as a qualified financial professional. Be sure to have a pamphlet or brochure on hand that describes your services and provides free and useful business tips.
5. Donate your services to charity auctions and raffles. Chances are those who can afford to bid on such items could also provide you with good referrals, not to mention participating in such events is a great way to promote your practice and display your contact information.
6. Offer current clients incentive for providing referrals. Jim Rohn said, “One customer, well taken care of, could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.” If your current clients can refer more clients your way, imagine all that you’re saving in advertising costs. These valuable referrals are worth far more than the discount or complimentary services you can offer in return. Consider providing a free service or giving them a significant discount on future services. This not only provides incentive to refer friends and family your way, but it gives these clients just another good reason to stay with you.
UAC Can Help You Better Market Your Services
Building and growing your own practice requires exceptional marketing skills. Most financial professionals find that promoting their businesses doesn’t come naturally. However, when you enroll in the Universal Practice Builder program, you will learn 12 proven marketing strategies, create a customized marketing plan and be taught a system that will generate 15 to 25 qualified leads per month. Not only that, but we guarantee that after learning and applying the principles taught in the UPB, you will earn at least $30,000 more in annualized billings in just 12 months—that’s 17 times the cost of this course! Talk about a significant return on your investment. Call 1-877-833-7908 to enroll now!