‘Tis the season to stress out—fa-la-la-la-la. Really, wouldn’t it be better to manage the seasonal stress so that you can enjoy the holidays? Here we share 7 tips designed to help you better savor the holidays by managing the stress that’s often associated with them:
1. Be positive Often you can think away your stress. When you change your thought patterns and continually repeat positive affirmations, like “I have plenty of time to prepare for Christmas” or “I am feeling calm and relaxed,” you increase your capacity to manage difficult situations.
2. Exercise This is an age-old stress-relieving tactic. It releases endorphins in the bloodstream which will enable you to feel more energized. It releases serotonin in the brain which will enable you to be more alert. It increases your body’s immune system which will enable you to better fight illnesses, both small and large. And last, but definitely not least, exercise is a natural relaxant that will alleviate stress.
3. Avoid over-scheduling. Professionals have the tendencies to over-schedule. This can be especially stress-inducing during the holidays. Be realistic about your schedule and only plan for those things you have designated as priorities.
4. Delegate. When possible, delegate tasks (both professional and seasonal). Your family will probably be more than willing to help if it means they can spend more time with a less stressed you! Consider simple tasks that don’t require your knowledge or expertise (filing, organizing, mailing, etc.)
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Prioritize your projects and determine what you can and should let go. When dealing with stress overload, you need to be able to focus on what matters and put the rest on hold, especially during the holidays.
6. Anticipate changes in routines and schedules. Due to all the holiday parties, recitals, programs, etc. it can be more difficult to schedule meetings with your clients in the next couple months. Rather than become frustrated, anticipate the change in routine and be prepared with a back-up plan.
7. Schedule down-time. It is, after all, a time to enjoy your family and friends. While it may not seem like you have any time to spare, it can be extremely rejuvenating to take an hour or two and do something relaxing with your family. It also can give you the perspective necessary to balance your personal and professional lives over the holidays.
The holidays can be a stressful time for everyone, but managing that stress is key in whether or not you actually enjoy the celebrated season. This year take time to manage your holiday stress instead of allowing it to manage you.
QuickBooks Made Profitable
Knowing how to make the most of your accounting software could save you hours of working on the computer. Consider purchasing Universal Accounting Center’s QuickBooks Made Profitable (QBMP). For next to nothing you can use your QuickBooks expertise to attract more clients and increase your bottom line!
80% of small businesses use Intuit’s QuickBooks software. Once you complete QuickBooks Made Profitable, you will be able to use our proven system to attract more clients with your QuickBooks expertise. Not only that, but when you add QuickBooks setup, help and consultation services to your menu, you enhance your financial service offerings and widen your customer appeal.
Take advantage of this marvelous opportunity to eliminate some stress and increase your bottom line. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 to order now!