In celebration of Pioneer Day at the end of July, we’re looking at how financial professionals can make pioneer efforts to advance their careers. Webster.com defines a pioneer as “a person or group that originates or helps open up a new line of thought or activity or a new method or technical development.” An entrepreneur, who undertakes a certain amount of risk in order to originate a new business or venture, is a modern-day pioneer.
But blazing new trails and taking on the unknown can be daunting. That’s why it helps to apply tried and true success strategies. Consider the following three tips:
- Find Your Market Niche. The key to launching a successful practice is in finding a need and then filling it. The need for skilled and qualified bookkeepers has never been greater. Over 500,000 new businesses start-up in the United States every year. All of these businesses require a bookkeeper or accountant, someone who can act as a business’s profit expert. From the flower shop to the bike shop, they all must do accounting. In fact, it’s the law.
- Determine your Temperament. Do you have the self-discipline required to work for yourself? Would you be able to do what it takes to launch a successful practice? Sometimes friends and family are in a good position to help evaluate us. Listen to their advice and comments, but realize that having weaknesses isn’t always a liability if you are aware of and compensate for them.
- Assess the Amount of Work and Passion Required. The truth is, regardless of how passionate you may be about your startup, it will require effort. You’ll have to work hard, especially in the beginning. But the return is well worth it. I have met many people who have not only found success in their bookkeeping and tax practice by earning a better income, but they’ve been able to semi-retire after 12 months. They now work 20 hours a week and make $4000 to $5000 every month. They spend time with their family and do the things they’ve always wanted to do.
Whether or not you’re ready to blaze new career trails by launching your own business is a personal decision only you can make. But remember that your pioneer efforts could take you to destinations you never before thought possible.
UAC’s QuickBooks Training Program
Earning a Professional Designation is Good for Your Professional Reputation
Whether it’s enhancing your skill-set with a current employer or distinguishing yourself by building credibility with your own clients, the QS designation will stand as proof of your expertise. To earn this QuickBooks designation you must complete the Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide to QuickBooks (PBG) and pass the final exam with a score of 90% or higher. And just like that, you receive professional certification!
In addition to the skills you acquire in completing the PBG, you will also receive the following:
- Thorough and complete training on the latest and greatest version of QuickBooks Pro
- 6 months’ worth of access to our experienced, qualified QuickBooks professional accountants and CPAs to answer your questions
- Accounting 101 Review
- 30 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) in most states
- A 100% money-back guarantee
- A valuable addition to your reference library
The PBG offers the most competitive QuickBooks training on the market. Master QuickBooks and become the premier QuickBooks consultant in your area. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 and enroll in the Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide to QuickBooks today!