Business owners make decisions every day that impact their success. When those decisions are made impulsively or without forethought, they could potentially cause a business’s downfall. When you employ solid critical thinking skills, those decisions are more likely to positively influence your practice.
In a recent Entrpreneur.com article, author Nadia Goodman shares three strategies designed to improve your critical thinking skills:
1. Identify your purpose. What will this decision help you accomplish, and will it help you progress towards an overreaching goal? Understanding how this choice fits in with your mission will definitely help you contextualize the situation and determine whether or not it will ultimately contribute or detract from your potential success.
2. Examine your biases. It’s difficult to surrender your perspective and approach a decision without any bias, but it’s critical if you’re to look at it from multiple views. Consider how clients, colleagues, family and friends might perceive the situation. As Goodman explains, “The goal of critical thinking is to bring those biases to light so they don’t obstruct your decisions.”
3. Consider the implications of your options. When making a choice you should always consider possible consequences and outcomes. The ability to view a situation from multiple perspectives will help you with this. Also, be sure to evaluate choices you’ve made in the past to determine how accurate your projections were and, if they weren’t accurate, what implications you missed. This will help you improve your critical thinking skills.
Improve Your Business with a Professional Designation!
Whether it’s enhancing your skill-set with a current employer or distinguishing yourself by building credibility with your own clients, the QS designation will stand as proof of your expertise. To earn this QuickBooks designation you must complete the Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide to QuickBooks (PBG) and pass the final exam with a score of 90% or higher. And just like that, you receive professional certification!
In addition to the skills you acquire in completing the PBG, you will also receive the following:
- Thorough and complete training on the latest and greatest version of QuickBooks Pro
- 6 months’ worth of access to our experienced, qualified QuickBooks professional accountants and CPAs to answer your questions
- Accounting 101 Review
- 30 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) in most states
- A 100% money-back guarantee
- A valuable addition to your reference library
The PBG offers the most competitive QuickBooks training on the market. Master QuickBooks and become the premier QuickBooks consultant in your area. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 and enroll in the Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide to QuickBooks today!
Goodman, Nadia. “How to Improve Your Critical Thinking Skills.” 29 April 2013 Entpreneur.com