Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. – Maria Robinson
Even though you may have dreamed of launching your own practice for years, you probably haven’t made a list of all those things, in their proper order, that must be done before your doors open for business. In this two-part series, we’ve created that list for you, with lots of additional resources. Last week we introduced 6 of 12 steps to follow when launching your startup. This week, we finish our checklist with 6 final items:
7. Open the necessary bank accounts. Establishing business accounts will streamline your accounting processes. In this, you avoid the hassle of trying to distinguish personal transactions from business transactions.
8. Purchase your equipment. When setting up an accounting or bookkeeping service, one of your first concerns is having the right equipment and office configuration. Read more about what you’ll need in order to establish a fully-functioning office for your new accounting practice.
9. Organize your office. Your office should provide you with a productive and favorable work environment. Generally this means it should also be well organized and professional. For more information on setting up your office, read our two-part series on office organization.
10. Launch a website. One of the most inexpensive marketing tools available is your business website. With minimal startup and maintenance costs you can develop a good website that will represent you well and increase your clientele. It will also work 24/7 as a virtual receptionist, getting the word out about your business while you can actually work. And if well developed, your business website will be more than an inexpensive marketing tool, but a good point of contact and an effort to further brand your business.
11. Determine your business hours. It’s important for you to let prospective clients know when you’re open for business. It also enables you to establish some firm boundaries as to when you’re willing to answer business calls and do work for clients, especially if you work from home. Check with your family before setting those hours in stone, however; you’ll need them to honor those hours as well
12. Spread the word and open your doors. It’s important that you get the word out about your new practice. When marketing your startup, make sure you use proven strategies that work for your unique target market.
UAC Can Help Your Startup Secure Clients
One of the greatest challenges for many small business owners comes in the marketing. You may love working with numbers but groan at the thought of promoting your services and expertise. Universal Accounting Center understands this struggle and can help you eliminate it.
UAC has developed a turn-key marketing solution which will enable you to grow your business with our proven system. You could work for years on a marketing plan, hitting and missing, only to find your business growing at a snail’s pace. The Universal Practice Builder can guarantee you will earn $30,000 in annualized sales in just 12 months! Let us provide you with those proven strategies that will help you spread the word and secure clients. Enroll in the Universal Practice Builder Program today.