In July we ran an article on three benefits early-risers enjoy: less distraction, more willpower, and the ability to set a positive tone for their day. In a recent Forbes.com article, author Jennifer Cohen shares “5 Things Super Successful People do before 8am.” She explains, “Love it or hate it, utilizing the morning hours before work may be the key to a successful, and healthy, lifestyle. That’s right, early rising is a common trait found in many CEOs, government officials, and other influential people.”
This week we’d like to continue promoting the early bird by sharing 3 of those things you could do to emulate the successful behavior of early risers:
1. Exercise. Not only does exercising before 8am ensure a higher energy level throughout the day, but it also improves one’s health and enhances mood. Whether you have it in you to go on a long run or just walk around the block before breakfast, the activity is bound to wake you up and start your day off right.
2. Map Out Your Day. While we may have days without due dates or meetings, we should still determine how to spend the workday—otherwise we risk losing time through those cracks in our schedules. Before 8am, you should review and revise your schedule, prioritizing tasks that must be completed before day’s end. This can help you ensure that your day as productive and successful as possible.
3. Make Your Day Top Heavy. Someone once told me that the key to success was in completing the least desirable tasks first. Cohen agrees. She suggests you pinpoint the one task you’ve been avoiding the most and tackle that before your workday has officially begun. She says, “The morning is the time when you are (generally) more well rested and your energy level is up. Therefore, you are more well equipped to handle more difficult projects. And look at it this way, your day will get progressively easier, not the other way around.”
The way you start your day could determine just how successful you become long-term. Evaluate your morning routine to see if you might be able to improve your schedule by completing a few of these things before 8am.
Solidify Your Expertise as a Small-Business Accountant
Most of your competitors don’t offer specialized small-business accounting services. But after completing the Professional Bookkeeper (PB) program, you can! Consider a training program that is catered to your needs and busy schedule—one that will enable you to earn a professional designation after just 60 hours of your valuable time.
When you enroll in the Professional Bookkeeper Program you receive to the following:
- Flexible training you complete on your own schedule
- Rich and engaging training DVDs you can view again and again
- Hands-on instruction and practice sets through which you gain much-needed experience
- Training in building and marketing your new practice
- 6 months of valuable follow-up support
- The opportunity to earn professional certification
- Our iron-clad risk-free guarantee
Solidify your expertise and secure the skills necessary to be a small-business accountant. Call 1-877-833-7909 to enroll today!
Cohen, Jennifer. “5 Things Super Successful People Do before 8am.” 2 October 2013 Forbes.com