The path to success can be forged through a multitude of unusual methods. In a recent SmallBizTrends article, The Young Entrepreneur Council shares “14 Unorthodox Tips for Becoming Successful.” Here the advice of young, successful entrepreneurs is complied, and we are excited to share 6 of their unusual strategies:
- Sell Joy. Corey Blake of Round Table Companies says, “Stop focusing on selling your product or service; instead, focus on the joy your company creates, and let that drive your growth. Scale the joy. Systematize how you deliver the joy. Sell the joy.”
- Don’t be Afraid to Fire Customers. Suzanne Smith, founder of Social Impact Architects, explains, “You cannot please everyone, so find the customers who fit your company, and don’t waste your time with customers who don’t.”
- Remember Business is Personal. Panos Panay of Sonicbids claims, “Business is personal. This is contrary to every cliché you will hear about leading an organization. But at the end of the day, all you have as a business person in the 21st century is your relationships—not factories, widgets or pipelines.”
- Don’t Try to Do It All. Matt Wilson from Under30Experiences explains, “Get out of your own way. It’s easy to get caught up trying to do everything in a business when really you should be focusing on removing yourself as a bottleneck. Entrepreneurs should spend their time building systems and plans for their business and watching things happen. Being CEO doesn’t mean you have to be doing all the work.”
- Say ‘Yes’ More. Eric Koester, founder of DCI, believes, “Success is rarely, if ever, a straight line. And sometimes, the things that are slightly off track or seem a bit outside the lines are the things that may yield the biggest results. So I recommend you say ‘yes’ to interesting things, people and experiences. Those are usually where the action lies.”
- Become an Expert in Something. Kelsey Meyer founder of Contributor Weekly, says, “If you’re an expert in one aspect of your business, you’ll be able to share your expertise and drive new business because of it. Contribute to publications that reach your target audience, and they’ll come to you for more expertise and assistance.”
The path to successful is unique to each individual, but sometimes you have to step out of the box in order to discover what will ultimately work best for you. Look to these tips and more unorthodox strategies from SmallBizTrends in order to discover what your business needs to reach that next level of success.
Build Your Expertise by Becoming a QuickBooks Specialist!
In strengthening your professional expertise, you want to find those opportunities with a low initial investment and a high return. One such opportunity is found in UAC’s Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide (PBG) to QuickBooks. With a modest enrollment fee and a reasonable investment of your time and energy, this product can help you attract more clients while increasing your service offerings and billable hours.
Our PBG beats out other QuickBooks training programs by offering the following:
- Training targeted for all user types
- Accounting 101 Review
- Convenient online training
- 6 months of unlimited email support
- Universal’s Iron-Clad Guarantee
- 30 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) in most states
- QuickBooks Specialist Certification
In less than one month you can acquire a skill that will help you advance your career and/or your practice. Don’t procrastinate success. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 to enroll in the PBG program now!