In a recent Forbes.com article, author and entrepreneur Vanessa Loder shares “Seven Things They Don’t Teach You in Business School.” Here we share four of those things:
1. Self-Compassion. We can be hard on ourselves, especially when things don’t go as planned. But practicing self-compassion will ensure that your confidence and optimism remain intact. Loder explains, “Self-compassion helps you bounce back faster from the setbacks and seek out new opportunities without letting fear get in your way.”
2. Visioning Your Future Self. Your brain can’t tell the difference between what is real and what you imagine as real in your mind. That’s why frequently envisioning your successful future self will enable your brain to do what’s necessary to make that happen. Not to mention, imagining what you would like your life to become promotes excitement and passion—all keys to a bright future.
3. Appreciation and Gratitude. Gratitude is a powerful emotion. It can change your relationship with others, alter your perspective, and perhaps, grow your business. When you focus your energy on all the good things in your life, you develop an attitude of gratitude that impacts employees, clients, and contacts in an affirming way.
4. Trust and Patience. Because we live in a world with a 24-hour news cycle, next-day delivery, and immediate responses to questions posed via the Internet, it can be difficult to exercise trust and patience. Loder suggests, “Start by being aware of when you might benefit from slowing down, trusting your gut, and being patient with the process.”
While these practices may not be necessary for building a successful business, they are required in ensuring that you maintain success. Consider how you might apply some of these practices in your life today.
The Universal Practice Builder (UPB) Program
One way to reduce risk when launching your business is to ensure your marketing techniques are solid. The Universal Practice Builder Workshop is designed to train you to promote your practice in order to experience significant growth and profitability. Imagine all that you could learn from our experience training thousands of individuals like you!
This program offers the following:
- $30,000 in new annualized billings in only 12 months
- Tactical goal planning and setting
- The generation of 15 to 25 qualified leads per month
- Phone marketing instruction and training
- Training in the benefits of newsletters and websites
- 12 proven marketing strategies
- Financing options
Enroll in the Universal Practice Builder program today! We’ll teach you not only how to understand your client’s unique needs, but how to satisfy them. The market is changing; take advantage of it now! Call 1-877-833-7908 to become the premier contract accountant in your area!
Loder, Vanessa. “Seven Things They Don’t Teach You in Business School.” 9 April 2014 Forbes.com