Do you remember what it was like to have big dreams and grand plans? To be passionate about a vision of your future and all the amazing things you would accomplish then? Unfortunately, many of us become distracted by life and lose that passion somewhere between mortgage payments and overtime. Jessica Hagy, Forbes contributor, claims those sodden dreams may have been stolen by one of “The Six Enemies of Greatness (and Happiness).” We share them with you here:
- Availability. It’s sad but true. Often we settle for a job because it was readily available. Perhaps we were motivated by debt collectors, family responsibilities, or raw anxiety. Regardless, settling for mediocrity is never a good life plan. Challenge your current expectations and revisit your dreams.
- Ignorance. Some may not recognize an ability to excel or know how to pursue greatness. For those individuals, mediocrity may be all they can envision for themselves.
- Committees. This is where we often experience “paralysis of analysis.” Good ideas can often get caught in the sludge of bureaucracy. If you’re trying to launch your dream through a committee, chances are they’ll never unanimously agree to a flyby.
- Comfort. Flat-screen TVs and Sleep Master beds make for great distractions. If you find yourself comfortable with a routine of distraction, chances are you’ll be no closer to accomplishing your grand plans, even in your dreams!
- Momentum. Hagy explains, “If you’ve been doing what you’re doing for years and it’s not-so-great, you are in a rut. Many people refer to these ruts as careers.”
- Passivity. Passivity implies inactivity, apathy, detachment, and unresponsiveness. In order to accomplish your vision, you can’t be a lackey or a thoughtless follower. Take charge and make proactivity your standard.
Our greatest enemies are often the ones we invite into our own lives. If you find yourself cornered by any number of these foes, fight your way back to your passion. Don’t let complacency steal the life you should have.
What’s your passion?
Are you interested in putting your mathematical talent to good use? If you’ve considered starting your own accounting and tax practice, but have decided the obstacles in doing so are large and ominous, it’s time you reconsidered. With the Professional Bookkeeper and Professional Tax Preparer programs, you can easily develop the skills necessary to start your own practice within the year.
Professional Bookkeeper (PB)
Universal has designed a curriculum specific to the needs of small businesses, offering the most complete small-business accounting course anywhere. The Professional Bookkeeper Designation assures clients that you have been properly trained in small business accounting and will help you know what those clients need most from you.
Professional Tax Preparer (PTP)
Many tax preparers make more money in the months leading up to the April 15 deadline than others make all year long! Since all individuals and businesses, small or large, are required to file taxes preparation is a respected skill that will always be in demand. Also, more and more are becoming weary of tax preparers without any credentials. The Tax Preparer Designation will put many of those individuals at ease, assuring them that you have been properly trained in tax preparation.
Don’t wait too long to follow your passion. Discover how you can easily accomplish your dreams. Call Universal at 1 -877-833-7909 to enroll in these two programs now!