On October 1st the IRS announced the availability of online seminars filmed at the 2014 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. Tax professionals can register for these self-study seminars and receive continuing professional education credits.
These 14 seminars can be accessed at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online (NTFO) and cover the following topics:
- Highlights of the 2014 income tax law changes
- Overview of the premium tax credit and the individual shared responsibility provision
- Updates to and overview of Treasury Circular No. 230
- Improvements to the process for securing an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
This online training is delivered through various media, including interactive videos, PowerPoint slides and transcripts.
According to the press release, “The online forums are registered with the IRS Return Preparer Office and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a qualified sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE). For a fee, Enrolled Agents and CPAs taking NTFO seminars can earn CPE credits. To earn CPE credits, users must create an account, answer review questions throughout the seminar, and pass short tests at the end of the seminars.”
The seminars can also be audited for free. However, those who audit the seminars will not be able to access review questions, nor can they receive credit for completing the seminar.
For more information or to see seminars from prior-year IRS Nationwide Tax Forums, visit the NTFO.
Universal Accounting’s Tax Training
UA’s Professional Tax Preparer program will help you establish yourself as a trained and trustworthy tax professional. You can earn the Professional Tax Preparer Designation while receiving up to 60 CPE credits, depending on the number of modules you complete.
UAC’s Professional Tax Preparer (PTP) program will not only give you hands-on training in completing full individual (1040) and business returns (1065, 1120, 1120S), but it will also provide you with the following:
- 20 hours of valuable video instruction
- 2 instructional manuals
- Step-by-step instruction in becoming a sole practitioner
- One year of follow-up support from expert tax preparers
- The opportunity to earn valuable professional certification
- Our iron-clad, risk-free guarantee
Call 1-877-833-7909 to enroll today, and improve your competitive advantage while securing your professional standing in the tax industry.
–. “Online Seminars from the 2014 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums are Now Available.” 1 October 2014 IRS.gov