It happens to the best of us. We work our business to a place that’s comfortable, cozy even. And then we start to wonder how much better it could be if we just did something differently. What better time to launch your business to the next level then in the New Year: 2013?!
In a recent Entrepreneur.com article, Gwen Moran shares 10 tips that explain “How to Take Your Business to the Next Level in 2013.” We share four of them here:
1. Cultivate your employees. Your employees are a great resource for ideas that will advance your practice. In order to become an innovative and forward-thinking organization you must encourage them to voice their ideas by not only welcoming them to do so, but in providing them with some type of forum in which those ideas can be expressed. You can schedule regular brainstorming meetings, practice an open-door policy, or have a suggestion box.
2. Remember your purpose. It’s interesting that a business’s value is somewhat proportional to the owner’s passion about the product and/or service that’s being offered. Perhaps it’s because that passion propels us forward; without it we have no drive. If your passion has waned, it’s important that you reset it in order to rediscover your drive. This may require you to take additional risks in order to achieve what you truly desire.
3. Attend to customer experience. Nothing could be better for your business than understanding how your clients really feel about your services. Take a survey to determine how you could improve customer service and your offerings to better meet their needs. You may be surprised at how enlightening this exercise will be.
4. Diversify your service offerings. Consider the accountant who has access to much of the same information you do. If that accountant offered tax preparation services in addition to accounting services, might you lose a client to a financial provider who is not only more convenient, but perhaps more cost efficient? You gain a competitive advantage by becoming a one-stop financial shop for prospective clients.
Increase Your Options and Your Earning Potential
Becoming a tax preparer enables you to increase your competitive advantage and your earning potential! And the training necessary to become a tax preparer isn’t as long and painful as you might expect. Universal Accounting Center has made it easy.
Our Professional Tax Preparer program includes the following:
- Informative video instruction
- Full 1040 training
- Full business return (1065, 1120, 1120S) training
- One year follow-up Support from expert tax preparers
The PTP course consists of 20 hours of video training. Most tax preparation courses include books and some worksheets. Our training uses engaging and entertaining tax preparers who give practical advice on tax issues; they also provide real-world solutions that will give you the edge in productivity and profitability. Our instructors know what challenges you will face because they have been there themselves.
You also have also probably heard that the IRS has imposed stricter regulations on paid tax preparers, opening the door to a narrower margin of individuals willing to fulfill requirements which include additional training and required testing. UAC’s Professional Tax Preparer program will enable you to become proficient in tax preparation while helping you comply with new IRS regulations. Call Universal at 1-877-833-7909 to enroll today
Moran, Gwen. “How to Take Your Business to the Next Level in 2013.” 2 January 2013 Entrepreneur.com