Get paid what you are worth as a
Profit & Growth Expert™, PGE!
This proven system empowers you to confidently offer consultative accounting services as a value add to traditional bookkeeping (write-up) accounting and tax work. Learn the step by step process to help your clients go from being in the “Red to Black in 30 days” and then as their trusted strategic advisor implement the nine principles to make their business profitable so that they can deliberately, intentionally be “in the BLACK”. As a Profit & Growth Expert™ (PGE) you will be trained in the following process to competently advise your clients as they work on their business with your help:
- The Universal Business Model
- The Wisdom Pyramid
- The Universal Project Management Model
- The Universal Turnaround Model
Using these principles to work with your clients empowers you to engage with as their Profit & Growth Expert. When you offer these additional services you can expect to work 4 to 6 more hours a month while also billing and additional $1000 to $3000+ a month as their Profit & Growth Expert, PGE.
This program is designed to start with the big picture and then work towards helping market and sell your new services with confidence. Basically you are first trained to know what the short, mid and long term needs of the business are to build a thriving business that has value. This is based on the philosophy, “beginning with the end in mind”. This is the “big picture” you need as the Profit & Growth Expert to help your clients clearly define their business.
Next you are taught the process to help your clients transition, build and have the business they deserve. This is the engagement that you are paid to implement with the client. Once you know the principles of a profitable business and the process to get the client there it’s time to learn how to best sell and get the engagements.
Regardless how good you are as an accountant or consultant – without paying clients it doesn’t matter. Let this sink in: “Nothing Happens Until YOU Make a Sale”! Now that you know what you are working towards with each client, how to do it using the proven processes we teach and you can sell the services effectively – then and only then is it time to market your services and find the ideal clients you deserve.
In summary the Profit & Growth Expert certification signifies you are proficient in the following:
- “In the BLACK – nine principles to make your business profitable” course (5 hours) – Learn how accounting is the primary source of data and how to use this data to work your way up the Wisdom Pyramid using reports and statistical analysis of your business data. Every business decision that a business owner makes should be based upon experience (wisdom gained from past analysis of information) or upon current information. Without specific metrics to gauge your success, you will have no data to determine what things that you try are working. To move up the wisdom pyramid, you have to experiment with new approaches. The difference between a company that is performing well and the true successes stem in large degree to how willing its management is to try new approaches and measure their success. (based on the book “in the BLACK”)
- “Red to BLACK” Course – (3.25 hours) A Small Business Accountant’s Guide to Quick Turnarounds, details the steps necessary in quickly transforming a financially troubled business into a profitable venture. (based on the book “Red to BLACK in 30 Days”)
- Strategic Selling (3.5 hours) – Most Accountants Bookkeepers and Tax Preparers lack a proven sales process to work the leads they have, leaving your business to chance. Instead, they come up with their own “scattered” sales funnel, without knowing entirely what they’re doing: Contacting this lead… Hoping they’ll understand the services offered… (everyone knows “they need an accountant” is what your thinking)… A couple of random attempts to “sell” them…The result? Random sales when you need a proven process! BUT – As soon as you understand how to TURN ON your sales funnel, and send your audience through your “front door”…You Have The Ability To Make As Much Money As You Want. This comprehensive 53 Session system is the KEY to selling the right clients, day in and day out, like clockwork.
- Selling with Confidence (3.75 hours) – this is an extensive training (38 videos for 2 hours and 20 minutes) explaining best practices when meeting with a potential client to acquire them as a new client. Learn the process to build rapport, present your services, be seen as the expert, explain your services (features and benefits) and so much more to get them to want to pay you for your services and expertise. After all the marketing you are doing to find potential clients this is the perfect sales process to get that new engagement. With this both your confidence and closing rates will dramatically improve allowing you to get more clients fast to build your business.
- The Universal Practice Builder program (30 hours) – the proven strategies to effectively and inexpensively market your services to bring in the leads you need to grow your business. It also then has the system you need to move them through a sales funnel that brings them to want your services. You are taught the easy was to present and sell your services with confidence. We role-play for you various sales situations, how to overcome “objections” and ultimately close the sale. With this program you’ll move from “order taker to master closer”. As comfortable you are now doing accounting you soon will be with the marketing and sales process.
- Effective Marketing Strategies
- Benchmarking with BizBench (3 hours)– BizBench™ gives you the ability to:
- Identify how your clients compare against similar businesses in their specific industry.
- Show them what the numbers look like for the top 10% of similar businesses for their industry.
- Guide them to the top 10% of their industry for similarly sized businesses.
- Becoming a Financing Consultant class (12 minutes) – Perfect for an accountant that will be in a position to give financial advice related to business loans and lines of credit. Clear-cut instructions and terrific resource materials that will make creating a loan application package easy. It even includes a sample loan package that you can use as a model.
- Four Keys to Success class (23 minutes) – as you run your business you are wearing many hats. Forget the excuses, the buck stops with you and this program helps you tap into those 4 keys you need to become the leader you meant to be, that you need to be. Whether you are working with employees or customers these 4 keys insure you are focused and productive in all that you do. With this training you’ll inspire those around you without losing your energy – success does not need to drain you in the process. And, we’ll throw in a 5th key for good measure.
- Time Management Tools class (30 minutes) – We each only have 24 hours in a day to accomplish the many things that demand our time. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you feel less anxious and more organized.
- The S.T.A.R. program (60 minutes) – Follow this proven process to create a culture of accountability. You’ve heard it before, the most important asset within any business is, in fact, the employee. They are putting in the time and the effort to build the business. The S.T.A.R. program is designed to help them each excel and actually deliver on what is asked of them, so that they can be successful. Hear you will learn: how to set standards for performance, to trust your people to make good decision within their roles, to acknowledge their accomplishments and contributions as well as reward them for their excellent performance.
In the end, when you pass the final exam with a 90% or better you’ll be certified as a Profit & Growth Expert allowing you to place after your name the “PGE” designation to show that you advise your clients to turn their business from being in the “RED” to being “in the BLACK” following proven processes. You will know what to do, how to sell & price it as well as market it to your ideal clients! This is the accounting model of the present and for the future. With this you’ll have the premier accounting firm in your area working with the clients you love.
Rick Howard Structured Power Coaching for Professional Bookkeeper, Professional Tax Preparer, Universal Practice Builder, Profit & Growth Expert & Value Builder.
Rick has served as our Orientation Coach with a passion to delight and serve our students. He helps new students set goals and arrange their schedules to complete their training. His role to help the student is crucial during the first 30-45 days of enrollment. It’s in that time that he helps them with their testing and certifications as they finish their programs. Rick has an extensive knowledge of the academic systems behind our student portal, www.uacourses.com.
Rick has been instrumental in the development of our structured coaching program for students, working with Universal Accounting to develop the Universal Practice Builder Program, and directly with students to field test the principles and practices for attracting and converting clients by becoming a profit and growth expert. Rick has presented to accounting professionals throughout the United States and Canada on how to start and grow their own successful accounting practices.
“All I have to say, Rick Howard is awesome, if it weren’t for Rick I still would be in Module One. He empowers, and motivate which is what I need it to complete the Bookkeeping course at Universal Accounting Online school.” – Ana Rodriguez
“When I first started with Rick I was not very confident in talking about my business and not really sure how to market myself. We discussed strategies and ways to market my business and really how to get the word out. Since then, I have acquired 6 new clients, and I am striving to acquire 4 more by year end. Rick was instrumental in helping me gain the confidence and to really pinpoint what my business is and how I want to sell it to potential clients.” – Adam Syvock
“My coach Rick was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. His suggestions were realistic and easy to execute. Sure, some tasks were a bit challenging but that did force me to grow. I appreciate the training and feel that I will continue to benefit from the marketing suggestions that we discussed as my business grows.” – Heidi Harris
“Prior to starting the Coaching session, I was still left with many unanswered questions and self doubt. The marketing program has been a great asset to me as I move forward into a new business venture. This program has allowed me to acquire two business clients within a 10 week session. My hats off to a great marketing coach, Rick Howard. I thank you for your expertise in the field. I will ever be so grateful for the inspiration and for the assignments that would push me in the right direction. I feel confident that I will have a successful business for years to come.” – Trina Trevino, Profit & Growth Expert
Roger Knecht President, Universal Accounting Center
Roger Knecht can help you develop a team of committed individuals for success and profits using a proven system. Using an interactive process he enables attendees to specifically learn how. Each attendee will leave with actionable goals that will improve communication in the company, customer satisfaction and bottom line profits.
As President of Universal Accounting Center® (UAC) Mr. Knecht is a favorite presenter at Universal’s seminars, combining wit and wisdom in sharing the principles of business success. Mr. Knecht has extensive experience in marketing and management with corporations of all sizes and has successfully implemented the principles of growth he speaks about.
Allen Bostrom, former President of UAC, says, “Roger’s professional abilities and enthusiasm for Universal Accounting have been critical to the growth of the company during the past dozen years. Had it not been for Roger’s contributions, we would not be where we are as a company today.”